1. All medications that you are taking must be listed on the application so that we can help you taper off any that are contra-indicated with Ibogaine. There are some cross contradictions with certain psychiatric and QT prolonging medications. Common medications like anti-depressants will need to be tapered down a week prior, with no dosages for two days prior to treatment. Clients can resume their normal prescribed medication 48 hours after treatment.
2. In the days leading up to your treatment it is a good idea to modify your diet. Whenever possible avoid fried, fatty, salty, or overly processed foods, especially pork or refined sugars and carbohydrates. Instead eat lots of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, fish, and chicken. For five to seven days before your treatment it is advisable to take one each of B-12 capsule, 3000 mg of Vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and calcium supplements daily. Avoid grapefruit and tonic water (it contains quinine.) These have an effect on QT prolongation, an abnormal heart beat, which has caused problems during Ibogaine treatments.
3. Hydrate the day before. Drink lots of juice or an electrolyte drink such as Gatorade. You will want to reduce your ingestion of liquids as we approach the treatment time (approx. 4 hours before) because it will be difficult to get up and use the bathroom during the initial phases of the session.
4. On the day of your treatment, eat lightly in the morning or not at all. Your stomach must be empty for the medicine to work most effectively. Before we begin it is good to eat a bit of papaya to aid in the absorption of the medicine.
5. Set a clear intention, and try to sit with it the day of the treatment. This shouldn’t be thought of as a roadmap or something to hang expectations on, but as a way to get centered or primed for the Ibogaine.
6. We recommend a warm shower or bath before you begin. You will want to be clean in preparation for your hours in bed.